This past Friday, our 5th grade bloggers all wrote about topics of their own choosing.
During the week, each blogger chose a topic and planned or drafted their writing independently, then joined me in the library to type and post their work.
This week’s posts–with bloggers listed from left to right in the photo above:
- Camille wrote about the experience of being book buddies with a PreK student
- Sofia wrote about 5th grade’s informational writing project on animals
- Joseph wrote about the book NightJohn (from 5th grade’s historical fiction book groups)
- Zumer wrote about Coach Whaley’s PE blog
- Chandler wrote about 5th grade’s favorite book series
I love that our bloggers chose such a variety of topics to write about, and I think this week’s posts really show their diverse interests and voices. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow as writers over the course of this year.
Not only that, but on the technical side of things, the bloggers are becoming more and more independent in their ability to type, format, and post their writing.
Since the bloggers use their time with me for publishing their work, it is easy for me to give them one-on-one, hands-on technical help as they need it. We are still working on “fancifying” our posts with hyperlinks, photos, and other media, and I’m excited for them to experiment more with this as the year goes on.
Finally, the more they blog, the more they love reading and responding to comments from their audience!
So, readers, if you have a few minutes, please drop by and visit our 5th grade bloggers, and if you’re as impressed by them as I have been, let them know! They would LOVE to hear from you. 🙂